By Michelle da Silva Richmond
As the old adage says, “We’re not getting older, we’re just getting better!” Proof of that is another round of international awards Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun has reaped for 2019/2020.
Leading the list of accolades, Groups Director of Sales, Laura Robes was named Best Director of Sales by Convenciones Latinoamericanas magazine. The hotel was also recognized by the same publication.
In addition, we’ve garnered nine internationally acclaimed top hospitality honors for excellence including Smart Meetings’ prestigious Platinum Choice Award and AAA Five-Diamond for Le Basilic, the resort’s French-Mediterranean restaurant for 13 consecutive years.
- The Platinum Choice Award by Smart Meetings recognizes standards of excellence in service and amenities, guest services, dining options, recreational facilities and more. Smart Meetings, the industry’s premier resource for meeting professionals, sets the precedence for business on an international level and strives to connect key players in the industry. Recipients of the Platinum Choice Awards are chosen by industry professionals, the Smart Meetings editorial team and Smart Meetings readers.
- For the third year in a row, the majestic Gem Spa has received the prestigious Forbes 4- Star Award. The annual Global Star Rating system has been recognizing exceptional hotels, restaurants and spas around the world since 1958 after they’ve been evaluated by a team of professional inspectors. Properties are rated regularly using up to 800 criteria to establish a global benchmark for luxury travel, providing discerning travelers the tools with which to make informed destination decisions. Gem Spa is one of only three spas in Cancun to hold this designation.
- For its exceptional service and amenities Coral Beach was recognized with two 2020 Condé Nast Johansens Awards for Excellence, one for the hotel and the other for Gem Spa.
- Le Basilic, our French-Mediterranean specialty restaurant, has been awarded yet again, the prestigious AAA Five Diamond The recipient – since 2007 – of this coveted award, Le Basilic offers a tasty selection of unique cuisine designed to please every palate.
Additional accolades for 2019 include:
For the second year in a row, Coral Beach received the Green Key Award, based on the company’s commitment to the environment and the promotion of sustainable tourism. The internationally acclaimed eco-label designation is offered to some 2,900 hotels in 57 countries and is the leading reward in the tourism sector for these initiatives.
- TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence (4th consecutive year). This distinction is the highest travel honor TripAdvisor can bestow and is based on service, quality and customer satisfaction based on consistently achieved great traveler reviews.
- Costco Travel Preferred Hotel in recognition of the hotel’s quality, service, value and amenities.
- The JALPAK Most Favored Hotel Award, introduced in 2014 by a renowned Japanese travel agency to honor outstanding business partners, based on customer reviews reflecting service and amenities.
- Gold Stella Award from Northstar Meetings Group for Best Green Initiative.
- Noble Beach Prize for best overall “Kid-tivities.” Our $2 million, 40,000 sq.-ft state-of-the-art Coral KidZ Club offers 40 indoor and outdoor activities for kids ages 3 – 16.
- Apple Vacation’s 2019 Golden Apple Award for outstanding quality
- Expedia’s “Top Producer in Mexico” in 2019.