Michelle da Silva Richmond
In honor of Mother’s Day, we’re pulling out all the stops and offering a host of discounts throughout our award-winning resort during the month of May.
Tucked along the pristine shores of the tranquil Caribbean Sea, we offer 602 suites with terraces offering sweeping ocean views. Our coveted location on Punta Cancun is walking distance to trendy shopping areas and some of the best restaurants and night-life in the area.
Beach lovers can enjoy a variety of onsite sports such as scuba diving, snorkeling, paddle-boarding, wind surfing and kayaking, while “landlubbers” can view underwater sea life from the comfort of the glass-bottom boat, Sea View or simply soak up the sun on our soft, sandy beach or by one of our pools.
Our Coral KidZ Club offers something for our young visitors with cutting edge technology for kids of all ages.
Throughout May we’re offering up to a 60% discount on room rates. In addition, two kids under 12 years old stay, eat and play free when sharing a room with at least one adult.
New Gem Spa Treatments
We’ve unveiled a new spa menu in our award-winning, 40,000-ft Gem Spa offering a host of soothing massages, tranquilizing treatments, facials and wraps drawn from ancient Maya rituals and techniques.
For Moms, this month, we’re offering a free upgrade on our treatments from 50 to 80 minutes.
Some of the new additions to our spa menu include:
- Maya Jade Four Hands Massage: Revered in Maya culture as the “sovereign of harmony,” jade is known for bringing peace to the mind and body. Two therapists will inspire a double dose of calm by massaging the body with jade stones.
- Maya Gods Ritual: Hydrating and invigorating, this ritual begins with a copal exfoliation and body wrap. Copal resin used by ancient Maya in their spiritual ceremonies is known for revitalizing the spirit. As a final touch, a personalized massage with a rebozo- stretching ritual which, is an ancient Maya technique for healing sore muscles.
- Maya Emperor Facial with Amethyst: Prized for its strengthening and invigorating elements, amethyst is used in this specialized facial for men to soothe irritation caused by shaving, while hydrating the skin.
- Maya Princess Massage: This treatment fit for royalty softens and revitalizes the skin by incorporating vanilla which the Maya used as an offering to the gods. An orange and vanilla mask is applied by the therapist´s healing hands during a massage.
- Maya Prince Massage: For centuries, the Maya used chaya, a native healing plant from the Yucatan Peninsula, as a medicinal herb. It is known for its soothing and repairing properties and is an excellent remedy for sunburned or stressed skin. A chaya-based mud is applied by the therapist´s healing hands for the massage.
After your spa treatment, indulge in our renowned “Hydrotherapy Ritual,” a 10-step process, which includes an aromatherapy steam room, clay steam room, ice room, polar plunge and pebble walkway, ending in the comforting “pool of sensations.”
The healing properties of hydrotherapy are based on the “thermal effects” they offer. Generally, heat quiets and soothes the body, slowing down the activity of internal organs. Cold, in contrast, stimulates and invigorates, increasing internal activity. The combination guarantees a feeling of well-being overall.
The healing ritual begins with a “guided circuit,” starting with the aromatherapy steam room, where a sea of warm aromatic steam envelopes you. Following, step into a multi-jet cold water shower to awaken your senses and close your pores before you’re led into a clay steam room, where you’ll start feeling your exhaustion peel away. When you’re done, rinse off under the water jets of a tepid rain shower, before stepping into the warm embrace of a hot sauna.
A hot sauna and frosty ice room follow – to close your pores and accelerate your metabolism. The final steps take you to a bubbling hot Jacuzzi followed by a brief ice water plunge, ending in a pebble walk with soft warm water jets caressing your calves and toes.
The “grand finale,” lands you in the Pool of Sensations, where you get to soak in a large pool filled with bubbles, geysers, waterfalls and cervical water jets, designed to massage your body in four different stages.