By Michelle da Silva Richmond
When planning the ideal vacation, it’s important to take a lot of things into consideration. As they say, “location, location, location” should be at the forefront of any getaway and Cancun – combined with a stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Resort – promises the perfect respite for the whole family.
We’ve outlined just a few reasons why you should visit:
Top 5 Reasons to visit Cancun
Long before Columbus set sail for the New World, the savvy Maya built a mighty empire on these scenic Caribbean shores. They disappeared mysteriously, leaving only traces of their imperial existence.
Centuries later, clever entrepreneurs reclaimed the abandoned civilization from the jungle, launching one of the “hottest” vacation spots in the world. The vestiges of the lost empire combined with Mexico’s legendary warmth and hospitality have produced a world-class vacation experience.
- 1 – Getting to Cancun is easy, thanks to a multitude of daily flights from US gateways and connections from around the world.
- 2 – You’ll find some of the best beaches in the world here. Snorkelers and scuba-divers rave about enjoying the amazing under water experience of exploring the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. Surpassed only by Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, it’s the second largest in the world and the largest coral reef in the Western Hemisphere.
- 3 – The area’s rich Maya heritage beckons with a host of fascinating attractions such as the Museo Maya, Cancun Underwater Museum and ancient archaeological sites such as Chichén-Itzá, Cobá and Tulum.
- More than 300 activities promise entertainment for everyone. Award-winning theme parks, wave-running, fishing, exploration of mysterious cenotes and swimming alongside the gentle whale-sharks are just some of the options. A visit to Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) offers an opportunity to swim with dolphins, bask on soft, sandy beaches, snorkel, shop for colorful souvenirs or savor local fare.
- Treat your taste buds to a vast array of cuisine in the many 5-star restaurants, cozy bistros and cafés scattered throughout the area, where you can savor tasty local as well as international dishes, fresh seafood and more.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Coral Beach Resort
- 1 – Ranked by US News as one of the best resorts in Mexico for 2018, we feature the only all-ocean front suite resort in Cancun. Each of our 602 suites offers sweeping ocean views, as well as terraces and private sitting areas.
- 2 – Located on the most coveted beach in Punta Cancun, the resort’s location is walking distance to popular shopping areas and some of the best restaurants and night-life in the area. Beach-lovers can enjoy a variety of onsite sports such as scuba diving, snorkeling, paddle-boarding, wind surfing and kayaking, while “landlubbers” can view underwater sea life from the comfort of the glass-bottom boat, Sea View.
- Our award-winning $8.5 million,40,000-ft Gem Spa guarantees total relaxation with a host of treatments for the whole family. We’re especially known for our “Hydrotherapy Ritual,” – a 10-step process, which includes an aromatherapy steam room, clay steam room, ice room, polar plunge and pebble walkway, ending in the comforting “pool of sensations.”
- 4 – Our $2 million, 40,000 sq.-ft state-of-the-art Coral KidZ Club, rivals any other children’s program of its kind in Latin America. Designed for children 3 – 12 or “Gen Z-ers,” the club takes make-believe and the playground concept to another level with 21st Century technology. Aspiring archeologists, budding paleontologists and kids who simply enjoy spending time outdoors will be able to dig for fossils, romp through a mini jungle around a replica of a Maya temple and explore small caves. A “spray-around” area offers a place to cool off in a large wading pool surrounded by refreshing fountains and waterfalls.
- 5 – Part of the memory-making experience of staying at Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun Resort is the opportunity to dine at one of our award-winning restaurants. From chic French-Mediterranean, to gourmet Mexican, to savory seafood with an ocean view and bountiful champagne breakfast buffets, the options are many. Along the way, treat yourself to an unusual gastronomic journey through Mexico’s fascinating past, as you embark on a truly memorable dining adventure at La Joya’s unique “The Table.” This video-mapping experience takes you on a fascinating pictorial voyage with a narrative and music, leading you through Mexico’s mesmerizing timeline, starting from the beginning to time to present-day Mexico.
Your search for the perfect vacation ends here, so kick back and let Cancun and the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort allow you to feel the warmth of Mexico.