By Michelle da Silva Richmond
As the world continues to battle the different variants of Covid-19, we continue to keep our guests’ health uppermost in mind as we continue to follow the strict guidelines put in place by health authorities.
Following a global prevention, hygiene and sanitation program known as “Travel with Confidence Program,” we strive to assure you the best possible vacation during these turbulent times. While many of our services, recreational activities and entertainment have some restrictions, we still offer you and your family an unforgettable resort experience.
This program – sanctioned by 3M – endorses specific products to be used in every area of our resort. We’ve implemented strict sanitary measures, which have been approved against Covid-19 by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
In addition, we hold the coveted “Sharecare Verified” designation, an annual Global Star Rating system, which has been recognizing exceptional hotels, restaurants and spas around the world since 1958.
While addressing the need to assure guests and travel planners of their safety in this age of COVID-19, Sharecare’s health security verification system comes with an easily identifiable “seal of approval,” the Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED® logo with Forbes Travel Guide Badge, for hotels and resorts to display on their official websites and on-property.
The coveted designation is a health security verification granted by Forbes to lodging establishments, which have complied with an extensive list of hygiene protocols across more than 360 experts-validated standards in their facilities.
Among these are:
- Health and hygiene protocols
- Cleaning products and procedures
- Masks and PPE
- Management accountability
- Health safety communication with guests and employees
Additionally, participating hotels have the option to track daily employee virus screening results and provide relevant tools for guests and visitors including clinically validated health screens and information and updates on that facility’s guidelines.
We’ve implemented a 3-step protocol throughout the hotel, which consists of:
Daily, deep cleaning by our housekeeping staff
- Sanitization with 3M products
- Regular sanitizing misting of guest rooms, elevators, restaurants and meeting rooms.
Our pools and award-winning Gem Spa continue to have a restricted maximum capacity and lounge chairs, beach cabanas and umbrellas will be separated to ensure healthy social distancing for our guests.
Under this protocol, the use of disposable drink and dinnerware are used for beach and pool services and garnishes will not be used on drinks.
Obviously, our staff is one of our most valuable resources and we want to make sure that they and their families are staying healthy. In order to do this, we’re applying the following measures for them to follow:
- No use of public transportation. We provide our employees private, air-conditioned transportation.
- Employees’ temperature is taken before they board their transportation.
- Shoes and personal effects are disinfected.
- Mandatory shower when arriving at the hotel.
- Use of face mask at all times.
- Face mask replacement every three hours
- Frequent hand washing every 20 minutes
- Laundry and cleaning service of all hotel uniforms
- Disability paid by the hotel if anyone shows suspicious symptoms
- Temperatures will be taken during briefings, when entering staff dining room and when exiting hotel premises
- Hotel staff is assisting guests with operating and pressing elevator buttons
- A special area has been established for beach and pool staff to take a break from the use of face masks and shields.
- Air-sanitizing filters have been placed in staff offices to ensure clean air quality
- Dining hours in staff cafeteria are now staggered to reduce the possibility of contamination.
For further details, check out our nightly video shown on the TV in your suite on channel 56.1, starting at 6 p.m.
When you’re ready to fly home, we’ve got you covered. The US and some other countries require passengers to submit to a viral (PCR or Antigen) test proving that they are COVID-19 free before arriving in that country.
The specimen must be collected within three calendar days preceding flight departure.
Every passenger – 2 years of age or older – must show a negative test result. A parent or other authorized individual may attest to this on behalf of passengers aged 2 to 17 years.
For your convenience, we’re offering a complimentary, CDC-authorized Antigen test performed by a local lab inside our resort facilities. Medical personnel from Amerimed Hospital Cancun will be on site Monday – Saturday from 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. in the Coral Kingdom Ballroom to administer the test. Reservations can be made with the Concierge.
The hotel will cover the price of the Antigen Test for our guests flying to the United States and results will be furnished by email/paper within 24- 36 hours of testing. There is an additional fee for the PCR test and is subject to availability.
Amerimed Hospital is offering PCR testing for $2,000.00 MXN (around $100.00 USD).
Each guest requesting either test must furnish the following:
Full Name (as in your passport)
Date of birth
Airline and flight no.
Type of test you would like PCR test or Antigen Test. Prices may change without prior notice and include value added tax. It is your responsibility to make an appointment for the appropriate date and test, which may vary depending on the country you are traveling to.
Immunity Boosting Drink Recipe
Guests in our Infinite Club are encouraged to try the newly created “Coco 19” immunity-boosting drink throughout your stay. Made with lemon juice, water, garlic, ginger and honey, it’s recommended that you drink one ounce in the morning and afternoon.
Juice from four lemons
2 oz water
3 cloves of garlic
½ tsp ginger
1 tsp honey
With all of these procedures in place, we want you to know that you can Travel with Confidence when visiting us!
Enjoy your stay