By Michelle da Silva Richmond
When planning the ideal vacation, it’s important to take a lot of things into consideration. As they say, “location, location, location” should be at the forefront of any getaway and Cancun – combined with a stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Resort – promises the perfect respite for the whole family. We’ve outlined just a few reasons why you should visit:
Top 5 Reasons to visit Cancun
Long before Columbus set sail for the New World, the savvy Maya built a mighty empire on these scenic Caribbean shores. They disappeared mysteriously, leaving only traces of their imperial existence.
Centuries later, clever entrepreneurs reclaimed the abandoned civilization from the jungle, launching one of the “hottest” vacation spots in the world. The vestiges of the lost empire combined with Mexico’s legendary warmth and hospitality have produced a world-class vacation experience.
- 1 – Getting to Cancun is a snap, thanks to a variety of daily flights from US gateways.
- 2 – You’ll find some of the best beaches in the world here, as well as amazing snorkeling. The Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, surpassed only by Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, is the second largest in the world and the largest coral reef in the Western Hemisphere.
- 3 – The area’s rich Maya heritage beckons with a host of venerable attractions such as the Museo Maya, Cancun Underwater Museum and majestic archaeological sites such as Chichén-Itzá, Cobá and Tulum.
- More than 300 activities promise entertainment for everyone. Award-winning theme parks, scuba diving, wave-running, fishing, exploring the mysterious cenotes and swimming alongside the gentle whale-sharks are just some of the options. A visit to Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) offers an opportunity to swim with dolphins, bask on soft, sandy beaches, snorkel, shop for colorful souvenirs or savor local cuisine.
- Your taste buds are sure to be titillated at a variety of 5-star restaurants, cozy bistros and cafés scattered throughout the area, where you can savor tasty local as well as international cuisine, seafood and more.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Coral Beach Resort
- 1 – Located on the most coveted beach in Punta Cancun, the resort’s location is walking distance to popular shopping areas and some of the best restaurants and night-life in the area. Beach-lovers can enjoy myriad onsite sports such as scuba diving, snorkeling, paddle-boarding, wind surfing and kayaking, while “landlubbers” can view underwater sea life from the comfort of the glass-bottom boat, Sea View.
- Ranked by US News as one of the best resorts in Mexico for 2018, we offer the only all-ocean front suite resort in Cancun. Each of our 602 suites offers sweeping ocean views, as well as terraces and private sitting areas.
- Our 8 million dlls investement award-winning 40,000-ft Gem Spa guarantees total relaxation with a host of treatments for the whole family. We’re especially known for our “Hydrotherapy Ritual,” – a 10-step process, which includes an aromatherapy steam room, clay steam room, ice room, polar plunge and pebble walkway, ending in the comforting “pool of sensations.”
- 4 – Our $2 million, 40,000 sq.-ft state-of-the-art Coral KidZ Club, rivals any other children’s program of its kind in Latin America. Designed for children 3 – 12 or “Gen Z-ers,” the club takes make-believe and the playground concept to another level. The cutting-edge technology encourages interaction with other kids as well with parents with individually designed zones for different age groups with customized technology and hand painted artwork throughout.
- 5 – Part of the memory-making experience of staying at Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun Resort is the opportunity to dine at one of our award-winning restaurants. From chic French-Mediterranean, to gourmet Mexican, to savory seafood with an ocean view and bountiful champagne breakfast buffets, the options are many. But behind every good restaurant of course, is a culinary genius who orchestrates and delivers the tasty selections you’ll find when you dine with us. We’re happy to have three ultra-talented new chefs who have added to the already impressive dining program. Chef Sergio Zarate, Chef Mariana Alegría Gárate, and Chef Juan Antonio Palacios, bring their own creative flair and unique skill set to their respective award-winning restaurants.
Look no further. Cancun and the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort guarantee the perfect vacation!