By Michelle da Silva Richmond
Summer is here and there’s no better way to enjoy your stay with us than by taking advantage of our Preferred Family Program. Geared for the whole family, it’s sure to enhance your stay and allow you and your children to kick back and enjoy unlimited recreational options.
Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun is a member of the elite
Preferred Hotel Group – a certified collection of hotels and resorts recognized globally for luxury and outstanding services.
To be eligible for the prestigious Preferred Family certification program, hotels and resorts must meet exclusive criteria in each of five specific age categories based on hotel amenities, facilities, programs, services, and entertainment for “tots to teens,” bringing guests beyond “family friendly” experiences.
Among the highlights our Preferred Family Program offers:
- Connecting rooms and suites assure that your children are close at hand during your stay.
- Cribs, high chairs and small bath tubs are available for your convenience. Plans are to add other baby-friendly amenities such as car seats, bottle sterilizers and more.
- Babysitting services are available with prior notice.
- Once you’re settled, our knowledgeable concierges are always on hand to recommend fun family activities.
- Our 40,000 sq-ft high-tech Coral KidZ Club rivals any other children’s program of its kind in Latin America. With more than 40 indoor and outdoor activities offered, there’s something for kids 3 – 12. Cutting-edge technology encourages interaction with other kids with individually designed zones for different age groups. Visitors ages 3-5 will enjoy an area devoted to imagination and learning where they can choose their own path – city, park or jungle. The cityscape features – among other things – a Mexican-style home, fire station; construction zone; a mercado and play kitchen. Next door, the Jungle room offers a quiet zone deep in the forest where they can curl up in a nook with a book. For ‘tweens and teens, an illuminated arched portal transports them to the computer zone and futuristic gaming area.
- Outdoor fun for our small visitors includes an expansive area where they can “shoot a hoop,” play traditional Mexican sidewalk games and race remote-controlled cars along a custom race track. A children’s pool and casual lounge area with rock-shaped furniture beckons for the whole family.
- Kids Cooking classes are offered by our Executive Chef throughout the summer. Mini chefs will be given pint-sized aprons and chef hats and invited to prepare some of their favorite dishes such as cookies, pizzas and an assortment of party foods. Classes are offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 3 p.m. in the Coral KidZ Club.
- Dining becomes a fun event thanks to our specially designed complimentary Fiesta Kids This offer is exclusively for children 12 and under when accompanied by an adult purchasing a meal (with each adult, one child eats free). Menu offerings cover typical favorites such as mac and cheese, spaghetti, burgers, sandwiches, and chicken nuggets. Dessert choices are: Jell-O, ice cream and chocolate cake. Juices, milk and fresh fruit drinks are also on tap. This special menu is available in all of our food outlets – except at Le Basilic and in-room service.
You can’t go wrong this summer – or anytime you book your vacation with us. Our Preferred Family Program has something for the whole family!