By Michelle da Silva Richmond
It’s that time of year again and Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun All-Inclusive Spa Resort is ready to celebrate the holidays – and the end of a trying year – with a host of sparkling activities.
Our traditional Christmas tree – the largest one in town – serves as the glittery centerpiece for our signature Christmas and New Year’s menus and festivities, which are always peppered with time-honored Mexican traditions.
Christmas celebrations in Mexico are marked by diverse traditions and attractions, which – combined with the sunny weather, good food and friendly residents found here – draw thousands of tourists south of the border this time of year.
Celebrating Christmas –
For our small guests, Santa Claus will arrive bearing gifts on December 25th
Christmas Eve/Christmas Day Dining
- Isla Contoy will host a bountiful Christmas buffet with live jazz music to celebrate the season.
- La Joya, will be highlighting typical Mexican specialties combined with a Christmas menu, live music and a show.
- Our AAA Diamond Award Le Basilic will feature French Mediterranean cuisine with special Christmas dishes accompanied by live piano music
- Our Latin Lounge and Argentine Grill, Havana Club, will be dishing up a turkey-themed menu.
- Tuscany Trattoria will add special turkey dishes to their Italian selection.
- Sunset Terrace will be celebrating with a Christmas buffet – which includes lobster (one per guest) – along with a “Christmas with a World Tour Show,” featuring dances from all over the globe .The lobster special will run through December 31.
Ringing in the New Year
The New Year will be welcomed in style with a dazzling line-up of dining and entertainment options in place on December 31, offering a host of choices, starting at 7 p.m.
- La Joya, Le Basilic, Havana Club and Tuscany will feature their regular menus along with some New Year’s specialties, while Isla Contoy will feature a special buffet along with music.
- Sunset Terrace will host a true New Year’s Even “bash” starting with a cocktail party at 7 p.m. followed by their signature Coral Fire Show combined with an international gourmet buffet, open bar and Cava Methode Champenoise to ring in the new year
Note: Due to Covid restrictions, capacity will be limited to 300 guests, down from the regular 1200. Table seating will be limited to six people and 12 at our round tables.
As we say in Mexico: Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo!